Friday, December 7, 2012

Called to Serve

This is my blog to keep track of my experiences while serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion South Mission! I leave in 12 days. And that still doesn't feel real. At all. It probably won't until I'm walking into the MTC. 


I can't believe how much my life has changed. It's not the way I'd planned and it's definitely not the direction I thought my life was going to take. But I could not be happier. Or more excited. Or more STOKED to be going a mission. Especially to Chile (go here to read more about how awesome this country is)! There couldn't be a more perfect place for me on Earth. Getting my call was the coolest experience. Very surreal and very, very stressful! It was such a great night. Read more about that fateful day here.

I would say December 19th can't come fast enough...but it can! And it will! 13 days is crazy fast. Hopefully I can get everything ready and don't forget something important. It's really neat to be part of this work that really just got set on fire. So, so, so many people are leaving on missions now. It's just wonderful to see the Lord's work progressing so rapidly. And to actually be part of it!

As excited as I am, this thought hit me today, "What in the world are you doing?" And for real.. I don't know one single person in Chile. Not one. I don't know much Spanish. I don't even know the gospel that great in English...

But it'll be okay. Regardless of those things, I am going to work my very hardest and just know that that is all I can do. I'm determined to make these next 18 months the very best of my life! It'll be hard, but oh so great. Now I've got to train someone in my family how to upload my weekly emails to this blog... which believe could be quite a difficult thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment